Friday, August 20, 2010

Well I'll be. Dreams DO change!

Today was the bake sale that I've been planning for a few weeks for a friend. Her 14 year old daughter has Adenocarcinoma of her Colon,it is stage 4 , an adult cancer and the second hardest cancer to treat(statistically) with metastis to her liver and pancreas. All proceeds will go towards helping to pay of the medical bills, which have started pouring in.

I woke up early and made my baked goods, and left them in the oven for 2 minuets too long. DANGIT. They totally burned in two minutes. Actually, the directions said 16 - 21 minutes. I did 18. How is it that stuff like this always happens when I try to bake?

Regardless, I know that our store has many women who are wonderful bakers, and I hope that we are able to bring a decent amount of money to be of SOME form of help.

I love helping people. I love bringing people together to help other's who are in need. It really helps to put things into perspective, when you are helping other's who are facing huge, life altering situations.

I want, more than anything, to help make this world a better place. To bring hope into people's hearts, help to their life, and some form of peace to their souls.

That is my calling in life. Wedding coordinator nothing. Which has ALWAYS been my dream. I've finally realized that this is my calling. To help others!

No comments:

Post a Comment